Anyone around?

NCR Forums General Discussion Anyone around?

This topic contains 2 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  AndynJake 8 months, 1 week ago.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author

AndynJake
    Participant

Good Morning Everyone,

I am interested in attending and eventually participating in some of the launch events.  I am just wondering what to expect some items I should bring etc.  I don’t see much traffic on the boards here, so I am wondering if I am in the right place.  I live in Fort Collins and my son and I are working on our rockets, hoping to get our Level 1 certification this year.

Thanks,

-Andy

Brad Morse
    Keymaster

You are in the right place, welcome to NCR!

Most importantly, our launches are subject to the whims of mother nature, so be sure to check this website the day of the launch for a GO/NOGO status.  I try to make updates to the site as soon as I know about a launch cancellation.  Generally we will post a GO/NOGO status 5-7 days prior to a scheduled launch date, this is always subject to change, including the day of a launch.

You are welcome to attend any of our club launches, our schedule is posted here.

If you are planning to fly mid or high-power, you will want to register as an NCR club member ($ fees apply), some information about joining can be found here.

A level 1 cert is relatively simple, when you get to the launch, find a club member to help you out – we are all pretty friendly.

In addition, please check out our FAQ.

Our launch sites do not have any natural shade, so be sure to bring sunblock and water.  Also bring your own chair (optional).

If you have any more questions, don’t hesitate to ask.

AndynJake
    Participant

Brad,

Thanks for the information, much appreciated.  I have filled out my membership application and sent it to the address.  I look forward to meeting you all.

Andy

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.