Contest will be held during the club’s annual MAYHEM launch in June. Contest flights must be complete and recorded by the final day of the launch – at noon on June 3, 2018.
|Friday, Saturday, & Sunday June 1st – 3rd
||North Site – MAYHEM
Construct, launch, and successfully recover your rocket carrying a 12oz. payload of your favorite (unopened) beverage.
12oz can must be recovered undamaged to be considered a successful contest flight.
You must declare your flight as a contest flight prior to launch.
- Contest is open to any L1, L2, or L3 certified flier under TRA or NAR.
- No build dimension restrictions. (Airframe must carry payload of: 1 12oz can of your favorite beverage).
- Your rocket must be capable of flying under an I impulse motor or higher.
- Flights must be witnessed and timed by a club member.
- Record your flight duration on your flight card.
- Winner is determined by longest in-air duration from launch, to landing.
- If your rocket landing time is unknown, your flight will be disqualified
- Altimiter data, GPS, Radio, and visual tracking are all acceptable means to time your flight’s duration.
- Tie breakers:
- Altitude – Must be reported by electronic altimeter
- Lightest Rocket Airframe w/o motor or payload.
- Lowest Motor Class and Thrust.
Entry and Sign-up
When you register for your first day at MHM, be sure to include your $20 contest entry fee and register with the contest director (Brad Morse).
Two kits have been donated for prizes to be given for First and Second place, along with a cash prize dependent on the number of participants.