Having over charged my Little Dog Dual Deploy, I got so much velocity from the apogee deployment charge on my booster section that it sped away from the rest of the rocket with enough energy to cut the shear pins on the fore section, straighten out my eye hook, and cause separation of the booster from the fore section. This resulted in a four mile jaunt to retrieve the fore section, which was only found due to my DC-30.
The booster was eventually found (Thanks Bryan Schmidt in another forum).
Tribal knowledge from the club also helped me understand what had occurred (thanks Ken Riley).
It just proves that I am still learning and thus the creation of this thread.
I employ the “inverted” piston, bulkhead on the bottom with the coupler tube above it. Prevents binding due to expansion of the coupler or from wobble. I also am a fan of “big” charges, especially at apogee, I went a little “too” big at balls this year and blew a poorly glued bulkhead a little bit with the charge, which ended up kicking out my motor casing, which we luckily found.