Go Dog Go!

NCR Forums Knowledge Base Construction Help Go Dog Go!

This topic contains 0 replies, has 1 voice, and was last updated by  Randy Kennedy 1 week, 2 days ago.

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • Author

Randy Kennedy
    Participant

So, after launching Crowd Pleaser a few times, getting through a few other life-milestones, I’ve decided to try something new.  I’m going to assemble a Mad Dog XL in minimum diameter configuration with a 4 gr 98mm CTI motor.  It should push me a bit.  It sims-out at about 25,000’ and mach 1.6 and AUW to be about 27#.  I’m thinking about Peregrine Systems CO2 ejection system for apogee and BP at main just to fiddle with CO2 stuff.  I’m also planning on a fly-away rail guide.   GPS tracking will be nice.  The drogue recovery will be either a 50’ or 30’ streamer as they are easier to see.  So what else might be cool to learn about?

Which launches do we have windows on as I’ll probably blow the 20,000 one.

Oh yes, the name is from Dr Seuss’ book and since the kit is a Mad DOG…  I think Stickershock May be able to to print up a graphic from the book cover!   Of course I could name it Self Pleaser since it won’t be visible to the crowd as Crowd Pleaser is.   I don’t know.  I think I’m leaning to the former.

Thoughts?

Randy Kennedy

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.