Hybrid Tutorial

Forums Knowledge Base Hybrid Help Hybrid Tutorial

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 13 total)
  • Author
    edward

I’ll be hosting a tutorial to help demystify hybrids on Friday and Saturday. It will include going through the assembly of a Skyripper Systems motor. Feel free to drop by and ask questions!

Edward

djsroc
    Keymaster

I would love to learn more about hybrids. Unfortunately I wont be at the launch this weekend. Mabey I can get together sometime in the future with you or other hybrid users and check it all out.

Bret Packard
    Participant

I’ll be there Saturday and I definitely would like to check the hybrid stuff out. I also have a 4″ DD rocket with plenty of 54mm motor tube that I would be interested in trying a hybrid in if it would work.

edward

The SRS 54mm motors run from 24 to 36″ long. J/K power. They do require a vent and the reloads run $20/flight. Here is the performance information:

http://skyrippersystems.com/documents/performanceinfo.htm

Let me know if it will work for you!

Edward

Bret Packard
    Participant

Edward – I’ll be bringing the rocket up for sure. The booster is 48″ long, but the motor tube is only 16″. I don’t know how much support the tank requires but if we can make it fit I would love to try it. Any of those 2 big J’s or the K’s would be great. Based on the thrust curve graphs I don’t think intial thrust will be any problem, the rocket weights just over 8 lbs. without the motor. I have no problem putting a vent hole in, I assume we can do that at the launch? What size does it need to be so I can bring the proper tools?

This could really make my weekend if we can pull it off. I was hoping to fly a K550, but funds are tight, and I just can’t spend $100 on a reload, so this is a brilliant alternative. Let me know what else I need to bring, if anything, besides the rocket and a drill. I plan to be up around 9am on Saturday.

edward

I have a set of drills so you are good to go. What kind of motor retention do you have?

bryans

How should one (not acquainted) find you Ed?

edward

Small Black Echo Car. Big Orange Rigid Box on a Trailer. Alpha Hybrids banner and I’ve got a black felt cowboy hat.

Edward

Bret Packard
    Participant

That rocket has an aeropack on it. Hope that works.

edward

Yes it will. Todd had some awesome 54mm retaining rings made that fit Aeropack and Slimline. Also – what electronics.

Edward

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 13 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.