MHM 2018

NCR Forums General Discussion MHM 2018

This topic contains 5 replies, has 5 voices, and was last updated by  Scott J 2 weeks, 5 days ago.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 6 total)
  • Author

We’ve checked with the District Ranger and we are OK to proceed as planned with the scheduled 6/1,2,3 launch, subject to normal precautions.
    NCR is GO for MileHighMayhem the first weekend of June on the Pawnee National Grassland at NCR’s North Site. On-site registration ($20.00) will be available Friday, June 1st, Saturday June 2nd and Sunday June 3rd. Limited edition T-shirts have been printed, vendors have been contacted, raffle prizes collected and Port-A-Potties have been ordered for the weekend. Our waiver will be a constant 20,000’ AGL, with anticipated “windows of opportunity” for higher altitudes shots. Please let me know ASAP if you’re planning any “window” shots. We anticipate having the range set up and ready by 9 AM on Friday, and we’ll operate until 6 PM. On Saturday and Sunday, the range and waiver will be open at 8 AM. Wristbands will be required for ALL flyers and ALL High Power flyers will need to be registered ($20.00). Proof of current NAR or TRA membership is required for high powered flying. The extended weather forecast calls for partly cloudy skies with characteristically light winds and comfortable temperatures for Spring on the prairie with the probability of afternoon thunder showers. Come prepared for all types of weather. This should be an awesome weekend for flying. Please remember that Range Safety is in everyone’s best interest. NO “sparky” motor types allowed.

The Pawnee National Grassland offers the ultimate in rustic, open space self sufficient camping, although for this event we will have Port-a-Potties on site. Please treat our National Grassland with respect. Be considerate and responsible. If you bring it, be prepared to leave with it. Please clean up your parking and prep area before you leave and take all of your stuff with you.

VOL_NTEER – What is missing is U. If you have already volunteered to help with range operations, thank you. If you haven’t, it’s not too late. Everyone will be asked to help with Range Safety and Operations. Remember Range Etiquette. If you find a gate closed, close it behind you. Please stay on the authorized roads and please don’t park more than 100’ off the road at the flight line. Take as little space as necessary for your campsite. Properly secure your igniters and dispose of the previous flyer’s igniter wires. Foot recovery only.

Lots of raffle prizes have been collected. Raffle tickets can be purchased for $1 each at the registration table. Drawings will be held about every two hours each day and the winning numbers will be posted at the registration table. Prizes not claimed by 6 PM will be re-cycled for the next day drawings.

Hope to see you out on the range.

Bruw
    Participant

Is there a link to the volunteer schedule? I plan to be there Saturday and possibly part of the day Friday. Happy to take a shift or two as needed.

MikeS

I am avail. to tow. Thursday of Friday. I will be there for set-up and tear down.

Just let me know when.

WOOOOOOOOOO Wooo

Brad Morse
    Keymaster

I’ve installed a new plugin to the website that will allow us to do volunteer sign-up sheets.

For now, this is the only way to get to the page:
    https://ncrocketry.club/volunteer-sign-up/

I’ve created a Friday sign-up sheet, I will add Saturday and Sunday.

Scott J
    Keymaster

First!!!

IMG_1068

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.